Craft Buddy Brand Ambassador

Monday 10 July 2017

Birthday Wishes from Across the Pond

So the return of my recent blogging has all be revolving around Christmas. Although this is normal for crafter's as we have to start early to ensure we have plenty ready come August/September for the Autumn and Winter fares. I know for non crafter's this can be a shock to the system and many don't really want to see Christmas this early on, so although I will have some future Christmas blog posts, for the time being here are some non Christmas Card and projects. 
This first blog post away from Christmas is a shaker birthday card I have made using Sue Wilson's die collections. There are 3 separate die collections from Sue used on this card. There are her Australian die collection and 2 of her finishing touches die collections. I love Sue Wilson's die's, they are by far my favourite die collections to use. They really are fun to use, not to mention so detailed and pretty. Many are so different in other styles out there, but not in a way where you look at them and think I don't know what id create with them as believe me there are some die ranges out there that try to bring out some very different styles and I think "I haven't got a clue how I will use them".          So the finished card that I have created can be seen in the photo below this paragraph. Beyond that you will see the full list of products that I have used and additional photos of how I have created the card. The finished card that I have created looks like this;


The Products I have used to create this card are below;

Sue Wilson die collections by Creative Expressions;
 Finishing touches;
 sweetheart flowers - CED1455
 Beaded swirl flourish - CED1457
Australian collection;
 Sydney - CED8104

PaperMill Direct;
Baby Pink plain 240gsm card stock
 White linen 255gsm card stock
 White super smooth 250gsm card stock (sentiment & insert)

Stix2 Anything;
 Glue glider pro - S57128
 19mm x 38mm x 3mm 3D foam pads - S57137
 5mm x 1mm x 50m double sided foam tape on a roll - GPAL11035151
 Pva glue with metal tip - S56890 
 6mm red liner tape - S57090
 8x8" card blank & envelope (6 pack) - S57340
 8x8 clear cello bag - K624
 Silicone glue - S57100
 Low tack stencil tape - S56994
 Non stick craft sheet - S57132
 Acetate 100 micron - S57131  
 Pick up tool twin pack (pokey tool) - S57373

-


When die cutting the heart flowers in pink, keep the inner hearts that have come out and keep them to create the shaker centre of the card. I have also die cut a couple of the hearts in white card just so i can get some white hearts for the centre of my shaker card.

-


Papermill Direct Baby Pink, White super smooth                                                    and White Linen card stock.

-



Just some of Stix2 anything Adhesives and product range                                     used to create this shaker card.

-



All the die cut elements cut out using Papermill Directs card stock. The only thing I changed after I had taken this photo was that I die cut the flourish in Pink and not white. 

-



When it comes to making the shaker element of the card, you want to make sure the are no gaps in the surrounding 3D element. For this, the best thing to use is Stix2 foam on a roll. This enables you to run the foam around corners and circles without creating a break where your shaker elements can fall out. Please note that when you run the foam around in a circle, it is normal for the backing to tear slightly. This is ok as you will find the actual foam is in tacked. I also recommend using a 2mm or 3mm foam on a roll. I only had a 1mm roll so just doubled up the layers of 1mm foam tape.

-




The end result turned out like this. For the insert I have printed my verse onto White super smooth and matted and layered it onto Baby Pink card. 

Thank you for taken the time to pop across to my blog and have a wee look and read. Feel free to leave any comments or ask any questions and I will get back to you. 
In the mean time please also pop across to my                                             Facebook page and give me a Like;
www.facebook.com/craigscardcreations.

www.creative-expressions.uk.com
www.papermilldirect.co.uk
www.stix2.co.uk

Until next time, sleep tight!

Craig x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Craig. I love the dies you have used and the lovely colour combo. Cathy x