Craft Buddy Brand Ambassador

Wednesday 8 April 2015

Butterfly Teal 8x8 card.

I seem to be in this Teal creative mood lately where lots of elements and styles are revolve around Teal colours. I am in love with with PaperMill Directs Teal plain card. At 240gsm, it is a substantial weight that can not only hold its own, but small amounts of the Teal colour can be used. In this card, I have used a Tonic Verso die where the Teal peers through the die cut elements as well as having a Matt and layer surround. Having the card design this way with just the sentiment in the centre on its own would be more than enough, but just to add abit more dimension and layers I have die cut 4 Teal butterflies and placed them round the centre of the die cut circle, then by placing the sentiment on top really brings a different dimension. The bottom of the butterflies hidden under the sentiments with front wings fluttering out from behind it. 
 Unlike many of my cards, I am always using gems or pearls in small quantities but this one I felt didn't need it. All I added was a hand tied bow using Hunters Greens ribbon by Stix2 and even added additional tails. This seems to be my new "thing" that I am doing. I take a length of ribbon roughly 4/5 inches, fold in half and with a bit of glue or glue do adhere it together, slightly over lapping. I then cut 2 triangles in each tail before adhering it to my card, then by placing my hand tied bow on top. 
 I really am pleased with this card. Considering i started not known what the outcome design would be, 
It has finished as a really lovely, elegant but simple card. 
 With this card, I have also included links for all the card Iv used from PaperMill Direct aswell as some of the products I have used by Stix2.
 The products I have used to create this card are below.

PMD 
Natural white card pearlised - 300gsm
White Supersmooth - 300gsm (insert)
Teal plain card - 240gsm. (+insert)
https://www.papermilldirect.co.uk/paper-card/teal-plain-card

Stix2
12mm double sided tape -FPAL27321250.
5mm x 1mm x 50m roll of foam tape - GPAL11035150. 
Silicone glue - S57100.
16mm Hunters Green double faced satin ribbon - S57215.
A4 die cut release sheets - S57326.
Non stick craft sheet - S57132.
Layer perfect metric - S57321.
Low tack stencil tape - S56994.
8x8 self seal cello bags - K624.

Additional 
"Bow" verso die - Tonic Studios.
Butterfly die - Tonic Studios.
8x8 card blank - Craftwork Cards.
Sentiment topper - Kanban Crafts. 

The front of the card. 

The inside of the card. The verse is printed onto White Supersmooth card and matted and layered on to the Teal card stock. Both by PaperMill Direct.

www.stix2.co.uk
sales@stix2.co.uk
www.papermilldirect.co.uk

www.facebook.com/craigscardcreations 

Craig x

No comments: